Origin’s Principles provide guidance for making the right decisions:
- We conduct ourselves and our business with due care and in accordance with relevant laws and regulations. We have an overriding duty to ensure the health and safety of our employees, and to minimise the health, safety and environmental impacts on our customers and the communities in which we operate.
- We will add value to the resources that come under our control.
- The value we create will be distributed to stakeholders recognising the need to ensure the sustainability of our business, and its impact on the environment and the communities in which we operate.
- We encourage diversity and expression of ideas and opinions but require alignment with the company’s Principles, Values and Commitments and the policies established to implement them.
- When faced with choices, we make decisions knowing they will be subject to scrutiny. We should be able to demonstrate the soundness of our decisions to all stakeholders.
Origin’s Values describe good behaviour:
- Caring: We care about our impact on customers, colleagues, the community, environment and shareholders.
- Listening: We listen to the needs of others, knowing that an unfulfilled need creates the best opportunities.
- Learning: We constantly learn and implement new and better ways, sharing information and ideas effectively.
- Delivering: We deliver on the commitments made in all areas of performance.
Origin’s Commitments define the outcomes that we strive to achieve for key stakeholders.
We commit to:
- Deliver market leading performance for shareholders by identifying, developing operating and growing value-creating businesses.
- Create value for our customers, by understanding their needs and delivering relevant and competitive energy solutions to meet those needs both today and into the future.
- Create a rewarding workplace for our people by valuing everyone’s contribution, encouraging personal development, recognising good performance and fostering equality of opportunity.
- Respect the rights and interests of the communities in which we operate, by listening to them, understanding and managing the environmental, economic and social impacts of our activities.
- Respect the rights and interests of our business partners, by working collaboratively to create valued and rewarding partnerships.
Assets & Operations Map
Share And Shareholder Information
Information set out below was applicable as at 22 August 2012:
|Size Of Holding||Number Of Shareholders||% Of Issued Shares|
|100,001 and above||189||62.10|
4,271 shareholders hold less than a marketable parcel.
There were no substantial shareholders of record on 22 August 2012.
|Twenty Largest Shareholders||Number Of Shares||% Of Issued Shares|
|HSBC Custody Nominees (Australia) Limited||188,444,810||17.29|
|J P Morgan Nominees Australia Limited||180,537,519||16.57|
|National Nominees Limited||102,409,434||9.40|
|Citicorp Nominees Pty Limited||64,141,306||5.89|
|Cogent Nominees Pty Limited||28,074,563||2.58|
|RBC Dexia Investor Services Australia Nominees Pty Limited||13,565,013||1.24|
|AMP Life Limited||8,813,495||0.81|
|Bond Street Custodians Limited||7,919,254||0.73|
|Australian Foundation Investment Company Limited||7,202,045||0.66|
|Argo Investments Limited||6,689,947||0.61|
|Queensland Investment Corporation||6,365,263||0.58|
|Perpetual Trustee Company Limited||5,854,160||0.54|
|UBS Nominees Pty Limited||5,447,871||0.50|
|UBS Wealth Management Australia Nominees Pty Limited||4,601,003||0.42|
|Invia Custodian Pty Limited||3,759,261||0.35|
|BT Portfolio Services Limited||3,015,651||0.28|
|Navigator Australia Limited||2,950,639||0.27|
|The Senior Master of the Supreme Court||1,914,636||0.18|
|Aust Executor Trustees SA Limited||1,699,370||0.16|
For information about your shareholding, to notify a change of address, to make changes to your dividend payment instructions or for any other shareholder enquiries, you should contact Origin Energy’s share registry, Link Market Services Limited on 1300 664 446. Please note that broker sponsored holders are required to contact their broker to amend their address.
When contacting the share registry, shareholders should quote their security holder reference number, which can be found on the holding or dividend statements.
Shareholders with internet access can update and obtain information regarding their shareholding online at www.originenergy.com.au/investor.
Origin will pay a final dividend for the 2011/12 year of 25 cents per share (fully franked) on 27 September 2012.
There are several alternatives in relation to the way Shareholders can elect to receive their dividends:
- By direct credit, paid into a bank, building society or credit union account in Australia or New Zealand. For payments into New Zealand bank accounts dividends will be paid in New Zealand dollars. The payment of dividends will be electronically credited on the dividend payment date and confirmed by payment advices sent through the mail; or
- By participation in the Dividend Reinvestment Plan (DRP). The DRP enables shareholders to use cash dividends to purchase additional fully paid Origin Energy shares. Details of the DRP can be obtained at the Origin Investor Centre or by contacting the share registry; or
- By cheque paid in Australian dollars (only available to shareholders with a registered address outside Australia and New Zealand).
Tax File Number
For resident shareholders who have not provided the share registry with their Tax File Number (TFN) or exemption category details, tax at the top marginal tax rate (plus Medicare levy) will be deducted from dividends to the extent they are not fully franked. For those shareholders who have not as yet provided their TFNor exemption category details, forms are available from the share registry. Shareholders are not obliged to provide this information if they do not wish to do so.
Information on Origin
The main source of information for shareholders is the Annual Report and the Shareholder Review. Both the Annual Report and Shareholder Review will be provided to shareholders on request and free of charge. Shareholders not wishing to receive the Annual Report should advise the share registry in writing so that their names can be removed from the mailing list. Origin’s website is another source of information for shareholders.
Securities Exchange Listing
Origin shares are traded on the Australian Securities Exchange Limited (ASX). The symbol under which Origin shares are traded is ‘ORG’.
Voting rights of members
At a meeting of members, each member who is entitled to attend and vote may attend and vote in person or by proxy, attorney or representative. On a show of hands, every person present who is a member, proxy, attorney or representative, shall have one vote and on a poll, every member who is present in person or by proxy, attorney or representative shall have one vote for each fully paid share held.
Financial Calendar 2012-2013
- 27 September 2012 Add to calendar
- Final Dividend Payment
- 24 October 2012 Add to calendar
- Annual General Meeting 2012
- 31 December 2012 Add to calendar
- Half year end
- 21 February 2013 Add to calendar
- Half year profit Announced
- 30 April 2013 Add to calendar
- Interim dividend Payment
- 30 June 2013 Add to calendar
- Full year end